Dangerous Goods Commissioner ADR
Organisations involved in the carriage of dangerous goods by rail, road, water or air vehicles must at least appoint a dangerous goods officer in writing (§ 1 Abs. 1 GbV)
Exemptions are possible under § 2 GbV in the following cases
- In the case of activities restricted to the carriage of dangerous goods by rail, road, inland waterway, sea and air, or to limited transport in accordance with 184.108.40.206 ADR,
- For the transport of not more than 50 tonnes per calendar year of net dangerous goods, for radioactive materials only UN No. 2908 to 2911, for own use in fulfillment of operational tasks
- For companies that only produce packaging, IBCs, or construction-type tanks, unless they are involved in other functions related to the carriage of dangerous goods by rail, road, water and air vehicles, and are assigned responsibilities under applicable regulations are,
- Enterprises participating in the transport of dangerous goods of not more than 50 tonnes net per calendar year, excluding radioactive material of Class 7 and dangerous goods of transport category 0 under paragraph 220.127.116.11.3 of ADR, solely as the sender's principal
- Undertakings which are only involved as unloaders in the transport of dangerous goods of not more than 50 tonnes net per calendar year.
A certificate of competence to qualify as Dangerous Goods commissioner carried out by a recognized course with subsequent IHK (Chamber of Industry and Commerce) Examination (§ 7 GbV). Further education is required after five years
Tasks according to § 3 (1) GbV and subsection 18.104.22.168 ADR / RID / ADN
- Monitoring compliance with the regulations for the transport of dangerous goods.
- Advice to those responsible for the activities related to the transport of dangerous goods.
- Preparation of an annual report for the management or, if applicable, for a local authority.
- In addition, the tasks of the Dangerous Goods Officer include in particular the review of the following procedure (s) with regard to the activities concerned:
- Procedures to ensure compliance with the requirements for the identification of the transported dangerous goods;
- The company's approach to take into account, when purchasing a means of transport, the specific requirements relating to the dangerous goods carried;
- Procedures for verifying the material used for the transport of dangerous goods or for loading or unloading;
- Adequate training of the company's employees concerned and a note of this training in the personnel file;
- To take appropriate emergency measures in the event of accidents or incidents which may jeopardize safety during the transport of dangerous goods or during loading or unloading;
- Conducting investigations and, if necessary, drawing up reports of accidents, incidents or serious infringements detected during the transport of dangerous goods or during loading or unloading;
- Introducing appropriate measures to prevent the recurrence of accidents, incidents or serious infringements;
- Taking into account the legislation and special requirements for the transport of dangerous goods when selecting and using subcontractors or other third parties;
- Checking that the personnel entrusted with the transport of dangerous goods or the loading or unloading of dangerous goods has detailed working instructions and instructions;
- Introducing measures to raise awareness of the risks involved in the carriage of dangerous goods or the loading or unloading of dangerous goods;
- Introduction of measures to check the presence of the papers and safety equipment to be carried in the means of transport and the regularity of such papers and equipment; Introduction of procedures for checking compliance with loading and unloading regulations
There is currently no explicit provision mentioned in GGfG or GbV. As internal commissioning a line position, e.g. as manager, is recommended.
QHSE Compliance Division Europe
If there is any question that we can answer, please let us know
support technical and industrial specifications
+49 (0) 231 / 952 99 4 99