Integrated QHSE Management
The establishment of a QHSE management system will perform an integrated and process-oriented management instrument for compliance-relevant areas in modern and up-to-date companies. A networked QHSE system increases the efficiency of individual processes through synergies and the harmonization of single or isolated application.
A united look and feel accompanies all processes in all applied ISO standards, especially in site management. Sustainable QHSE management leads to a reduction of liability risks and to a comprehensible, uniform supply of instructions for the required stability and also for desired certifications.
Advantages of an integrated QHSE-System
- Conformity assurance by eliminating regulatory gaps
- Synergy effects through transfer of best practices in site management
- Measures from local nonconformities are provided to all sites
- Benchmarking for the objective comparison of HSE results and potential for improvement
- Change and optimization requirements can be carried out simultaneously and uniformly
- Continuous improvement of the competitiveness and image of the entire company
- Expertise can be communicated within the system in all sites at the same levels
- Multiple orders e.g. "Group Representative Environmental Protection" eliminates isolated solutions
- Certifications are easier to do with global certification companies, matrix certifications are simplified
- Unified software applications and documentations
Große multinationale Konzerne haben schon seit wesentlich längerer Zeit eine global QHSE Division Struktur geschaffen. In Deutschen oder Europäischen Unternehmen wurden beharrlich die veralteten Insellösungen beibehalten. Die zunehmende Tendenz diese Bereiche zusammen zu führen, ist neben den zeitgemäßen Mithalten inzwischen als eine deutliche Erhöhung der Effizienz der einzelner Prozesse erkannt worden.
Ein einheitliches look and feel begleitet alle Prozesse in allen angewendeten ISO-Normen, insbesondere im site-Management. Ein nachhaltiges QHSE Management führt zu Reduzierung von Haftungsrisiken und zu einer nachvollziehbaren, einheitlichen Versorgung mit Handlungsanweisungen für die erforderliche Stabilität und auch für gewünschte Zertifizierungen.
4-Step-Implementation of an integrated QHSE system
1. - Illustration of the actual situation
In order to establish an integrated QHSE management, the existing properties of the current (certified) standards are initially recorded and the desired standards to be integrated are mapped with the current resources:
- Identification of the objectives and the definition of the future goals as well as the future policy (this also fulfills the conformity criteria in each relevant ISO audit)
- Determination of existing link gaps
- Determination of the existing qualifications and the associated necessary further education or, if necessary, recruitment of designated specialists and supervisors as representatives of the new integrated QHSE system.
This is a significant breakpoint, often the staffing (internal or external) can take several months. The QHSE Personal Division supports you for temporary staffing and support of recruiting.
2. - Definition and addressing of combinable and unified standard requirements
Harmonization of the individual or new process requirements of the integrated ISO standards or other standards (TPM, HACCP, etc.)
- Determination of the combinable HLS processes. Constitution of uniform process maps and determination of process owners
- Identify the required resources and authority as a multi-tasker or as a single-task team
- Determination of required processes and standardization in site management, (if available)
- In-house training of the participants in different standard areas (train the trainer, for multiplication at site-management)
- Identification of suitable internal auditors and training of audit teams
3. - Transfer and integration
Use of the system in the organization and / or site management. Practical testing for a level 1 audit
- Test runs with fault maneuvers, troubleshooting, tracking exercises and test audits
- Assistance with the practical management activity, e.g. internal audits, execution of an audit audit, document control,
- Conducting management reviews
4. - Sustainability Care
In coordination with the tasks of the QHSE officer or QHSE manager, or to prepare for certification of a combination audit, the following tasks up to a self-sufficient autonomous control are useful:
- Implementation of additional KPIs and breakpoints for continuous improvement
- Participation incentives for the workforce for continuous success and contribution
A QHSE management is a management function in which all required tasks and requirements are process-oriented, sustainably implemented and thus kept up-to-date. This networking creates synergies as well as conformity and, thanks to the new HSL-structure in the new ISO standards (especially for multi-certifications and in site management for global players) to considerable simplifications; - this means:
The status of a QHSE manager as manager of multiple standards and legal appointed person of several functions is a accountable task.
A QHSE management is a management function with budget and personnel responsibility
In order to achieve a united look & feel in the integrated management of multi-site companies, in particular European or global players, in the area of QM, occupational safety and / or environmental protection, international companies are increasingly inclined to centralize their QHSE system for their worldwide business to provide a corporate network. In this respect, QHSE managers must be able to fulfill any commission by legally prescribed conditions and also to speak several languages in multi-site management.
This also applies to the white and blue collar language, because a QHSE manager is responsible for the concerns of the management and the staff. Without mutual acceptance, significant achievements are difficult to achieve. Job postings for such positions can take a considerable amount of time.
QHSE Management Division Europe